Day One of Homeschooling

 



We did it! 


Our first day of homeschool is complete. I woke up early and made the kiddos French toast and cut up some fruit. Excuse me, Luke cut you some fruit as you can see in our new vlog post! Luke woke up at 6 and I tried to get him back to sleep but that was clearly a fail as he left the room ten minutes after I did. We ate breakfast and Jack was still asleep. I thought for sure he would sleep late and we could start school without him. 😂

He woke up shortly after and then we were all on the same page by then. We took our pictures outside (Jack was not having it). And then our day began! 









The kids were so excited to see their little gifts and the homeschool area all set up. We started our morning with a read aloud. We read Ten Apples up on Top since our topic is apples this quarter. The kids all got a composition book that we will use for the morning read alouds. They can draw or write whatever comes to mind as I read to them. It was cute to see what they all thought of to draw. 


Next I started Kye with his bible work while Jack and Luke  searched for letters in this sensory bin. After Kye knew what he had to do I started our Weekly Focus with Jack and Luke. We went over our letter, number, color and shape. Then I got them set up with a letter game on the wall. They had to put the apples in the correct basket. It was a cute little game. 

Next we started language for Kye. This was a challenge for me since the littles got done their game I had to now try and find something to occupy them while I taught language. I gave the little a coloring sheet which they colored in 2.4 seconds! So we cut it out pasted it into their books and off they were sent into the play room! 

Language was simple Kye only had about 6 spaces to fill in. The rest was finding a poem he was going to memorize and independent reading. He did fantastic with that! 











We took a little break and all played apple BINGO together! It was fun trying to teach Jack how to match the picture with the space. He was so confused at first. It was too cute though. 


Following BINGO was Math for Kye. Thank God math starts out as a review for the first ten lessons. He breezed through that! Lastly was Handwriting and that went pretty well. 


Overall this morning was a success. We got everything done in two hours. I was very surprised! All of the kiddos did good. I had to of course break up some fights in between with Jack and Luke, but that’s everyday! I’m so proud of Kye and how well he did all his work. By that, I mean no whining or complaining. That was a huge step from last time we homeschooled it was literally a struggle trying to teach him. I can see how much he has matured! 


So! That was day one! I would give it a 8 out of 10. I’m happy with how everything went. I’m sure in the future I’ll make some adjustments but overall it was a good day! 


See you soon! 


Christina 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?