What My Son Is Not.

My son isn't some one you come see every couple months to take pictures and videos of and go show all your friends and family. He isn't some one who you can play with for an hour and just up and leave and don't return for months. He isn't some one you can hold for 10 minutes and claim your all babied out. My son is a person, with feelings he will soon be able to understand. He is some one with constant needs and wants. My son is more than just a little human. He is my whole world and he should be yours too. He's a part of you just like he is me.
Today showed me how unappreciative some one can be to something that is so big! Your child should be your number one priority and the person you do everything in your life for.
I don't like to use the word hate but I can say I strongly dislike the way BD treats his son. Like he's just a 'thing' that he can see, play and talk to for a little while and then go abandon until you feel the need that you HAVE to visit him.
Being a single mom isn't just about having double the kisses, hugs, time and happiness. As Kye gets older there is so much that is put on him. I have to explain why his father came and went. Why his fathers current girlfriend of the month got more attention then he did. Why his father missed his first Halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. And I can bet ten bucks he will miss his first birthday. All of these questions my son will have and honestly what am I suppose to say. Be wise I definitely can't tell him the truth. That will kill him. No matter how old he is 18 or 30. Knowing his dad just didn't care and had better things to do will hurt my son so much. I'm put in the most awkward position being a single mom.
But that's the negatives and I know being a single mom you can't dwell on those. And I do the best I can but days like this make me dislike the situation.

Being a single mother is the best thing that has happened to me because I get to experience something new everyday. But it has it's downs.
More ups than downs though. :/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?