To Lent Or Not To Lent?


Every year that past and Lent came around, I always looked at what people were giving up. I never really understood the whole thing but I understood the reason on why to do it. The one thing that I wasn't so sure about was, if this was a Christian thing. I don't know but this year when it came around and I saw a lot of people giving up some social networking sites, it made me think. I have been going through a lot lately and social networking really doesn't help. I always thought about deleting my Instagram but I know how much I would miss seeing all the mommies and their babies. I always thought about deleting my Twitter, but I just can't seem to let go of my poor self control with that social network. 
These past couple days have been weird, pointless and heartbreaking, in a sense. So I figured it wouldn't hurt anymore than it already does to just give up these things and maybe it will better myself and I will gain more self control. 
Back to the religious part of it though, I guess I will never really understand that. They never talked about it in my church but that is expectant with how they run the church. So I think I'm just going to take it upon myself to just give up these two social networks and focus on what really matters the most. I also started a new bible plan on an app on my phone which focuses on Lent and the Easter season. I am hoping this helps me with my growth in Christianity and my growth in God. As my job holds me to not be able to go to bible study anymore, I am in need to more motivation in getting into the word.
I am excited about this journey and I know it will be for the better. I can't wait to see the outcome and I know I will come out a better person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?