1 Thessalonians 5



1 Thessalonians 5:6-8 Will be the focus point of this post. 

As soon as I heard what Pastor Greg Laurie was teaching on yesterday, I quickly past over and didn't listen to his sermon. He was teaching on 'The End Times'. I love learning about this topic and what awaits us after but yesterday it just didn't appeal to me; I can't explain why either. Although this morning I decided to listen to his part 2 and I'm so happy I did. 

Pastor Greg Laurie broke it down into three points. 

Number 1 comes from 
So then, let’s not sleep like the others, but let’s stay awake and stay sober. 
1 Thessalonians 5:6
We as Christians should be excited for Christ's return. We should be already prepared for this day as it can come at any moment. 

Number 2 belongs from the first half of verse 8 
'Since we belong to the day, let’s stay sober'
What does it mean to stay 'sober'? We should always have a clear mind and focus on our main goal. What are we really living for? Do not be influenced by anything other than God's will. Stay away from temptation and everything that will lead you away from God. We should live for the day God makes His return and rescues us; His chosen. (Mark 13:27) 

Lastly, number 3; we should suit up! 
The second part of verse 8 says: 
'Wearing faithfulness and love as a piece of armor that protects our body and the hope of salvation as a helmet.' 1 Thessalonians 5:8
People will begin to fall away from God (Mark 13:5). People will claim to be Christ and might led you to false teachings. Always be in the Word for this is our protection and guide. We need to always keep our eyes on God and use our faith to protect us from the worldly things. 

Mark 13 explains what will happen during the end times, which some are happening now! (Mark 13:5-27) We need to be prepared because we do not know when the exact time will come. God gives us warning but it's up to us to be ready! 

If this day were to come tomorrow, when God comes to judge all of us, do you believe you will be one of His chosen? 
I don't doubt my faith but I believe I need to study more and become more clear minded. I am not so positive as to if tomorrow was the day, that I would be the one of His chosen. 
How about you? Are you sure? 
Pray, pray, pray. Ask God to completely change  your life so that you will serve only Him. Ask for His guidance and reassurance. He will walk with you every step of the way. It's just up to us to agree and be fully committed to Christ. It needs to be our desire. 

Pastor Greg Laurie has an alter call at the end of each sermon. His sermons are on his site www.harvest.org and you can read, listen and download his sermons and be a part of one of his alter calls and give your life to Christ. I highly recommend it because I would love to see you in Heaven for eternity! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?