Always Be Joyful




It's funny, I was going to write a post a couple night ago relating to how I see people let negativity take over their life and how the littlest things set them off in anger. Well a devo I've read related to that. 'So joy and thankfulness is a choice. It's actually our choice.' I love this! Life gives us so many difficulties, but in reality who is in control when this happens?
I watched a video yesterday. It was about how we spend our life. After work, school, falling in love, driving, etc, we have almost 2,700 days left. What will we do those extra 2,700 days? If we spend those days being angry, because some one cuts you off on the road or because you got taken advantage of; is it really worth it?
It's seems like for me I can't escape angry people; no one can if you go out in public! But I'm fortunate enough to be around anger at home too! I am so happy that God has blessed me with the ability to being able to distinguish what is right and wrong. When I hear people complain, get mad or speak negative about some one else, I leave the situation. Not always physically get up and walk away but some times I'll let the person vent or just ramble but I'm not really listening. I don't know if that a sinful thing to do though, ignore some one? I just find if I listen and get into what the people is saying, I kind of draw into it. Becoming a person that I know I'm not.
When people argue and complain out of no where, you can just tell they hold a lot of anger inside of them, making them an angry person. We have way too much to be happy about. We are breathing and are able to see what this world's beauty can bring. When I see some one so full of anger it makes me reflect on my happiness and why I am happy. What makes me happy. I have so much to be happy about that the things that might make some one angry, don't even phase me. Now, rewind to a couple years ago, it definitely would of affected me.
I have been anticipating writing this blog for a while now, but wasn't able to bring my whole self to it. But today in church I knew God was calling me to write this post. A guest pastor preached on Psalm 34 today in church and a verse stood out so much to me that related to this post.
'The righteous have many problems, but the Lord delivers them from every one.' 
Psalms 34:19
Can you really call yourself a Christian if you are always so angry? God has blessed you, loved you and most importantly died for you so that you wouldn't have to do so yourself. Yet, some people still have it in them to throw a pity party because life isn't going the way they want it to. How about you put yourself in Jesus' shoes and be crucified for people you have never met. We have so much to be thankful for. Waking up every morning is just a blessing.
My pastor asked the congregation this morning for a couple people to just give a short testimony about what we are thankful for. Little ol' me stood up and told what I was recently thankful for. God healed my son, just like I knew He would. I never doubted God that He wouldn't heal Kye. I am so thankful for that. Through the misdiagnosis, having to go back to Kye be so dependable on me to get him from point A to point B, I could of let anger take over. I didn't though, I refused to. Because I knew God was doing something so great for my son and for me. He was healing him. Through all the hardship, God was doing something great. Something that isn't visible to the naked eye, yet I had faith that God would see us through. And He did.

Next time you feel the need to get angry about something, just remember that God would never bring you to something without getting you through it. Through the rough morning you might of had today, God is doing something wonderful. Do not think that He might of forgotten about you. He never has so He never will.
Be thankful for the things you have in your life. It's probably more than most people have. Having faith and trusting in God is so big. Some people might not have that; be thankful. Don't just stop at being thankful, share that love with some one else. Just like I am here, do the same for some one else. You never know just who you might bless through God. You might make some one's day as I hope I just did yours. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Godly 'Mothering'