I Want More of You

We are such a worldly people, if you really think about it. All we want is the next best thing, whether it's a new place to live, a car, an electronic, or clothes. We always seem to want more of the materialistic things. I find myself wanting a lot as well! What we should really be wanting is more of God. Forget all the things of the world that only lead to disappointment and dissatisfaction, let's start looking to The One who will give us everlasting love.
Ecclesiastes 12 list all of the worldly things that will soon past and come to an end, when in reality it's Christ who has no end. I want more of God. Every night I pray for a stronger relationship with God. It starts with me trying to get there though. Prayer will help, along with my part of pushing myself to get to where I want to be in Christ. 

Let's want more of God and stop wanting so much of this world. This world won't give us half of the gratitude that Christ will. So let's get closer to The One who loves us and cares for us. Let's start to live more for God and focus on Him more.

'So this is the end of the matter; all has been heard. Worship God and keep God's commandments because this is what everyone must do. God will definitely bring every deed to judgement, including every hidden thing, whether good or bad.' -Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14


Tonight I was able to take part of something I never got the opportunity to do but always wanted to. Along with the rest of my bible study group, I was able to go to a church near by and help hand out food to unfortunate families for the Thanksgiving holiday. It was so nice to see how appreciative these people were. It was obvious that they didn't have a lot but the smiles on their faces when they came in and saw us with their food ready for them, was really worth it. 
I love being able to help others. I wish I was able to help people financially. I would love to see the looks of happiness on the faces of people who aren't able to make it and for me to help out by giving them something that would mean the world to them.  That's my greatest dream I would love to accomplish. I just want to help people. When I am fortunate enough myself and have the resources to return the blessings that I have received, I will not miss those opportunities to give back. Tonight gave me the 'preview' of what it will be like when I am able to bless others through God. I am so happy for this experience I was able to take part in tonight and I pray for many more opportunities to help out in the community that I live in and make a difference. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?