Romans 6

Being a Slave To Sin

  • Sin was everything- I would always reside to it
  • It controlled me- I felt no remorse when committing sin
What was the purpose of my sin? What have I gotten out of those sin?
'The wages that sin pays are death, but God's gift is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.' Romans 6:23

Well I can admit to my sin now that I know it was wrong and I will not go back to those sin. 
Pre-martial sex led to a broken family; something I always told myself would never be a situation I would be in. But really? I was laying down with a boy who I knew would never be able to put anyone before himself. I was laying down with a person who did not love God; I must of not loved God if I was in the act of this sin. 
Lying led me to parents who lost trust in me because I would say I was doing one thing yet doing something different. Then their pregnant daughter came home after saying I wasn't having sex. They lost trust in me and I had to regain that trust in them.
Lust, I believe, brought it hard on me to be in a stable relationship because I knew I could be with who ever I wanted. Now I am here, not able to be with someone.
Along with many more sin, these three stood out to me the most.

It wasn't worth it, definitely not. When I gave my life over to Christ, I was crucified with Him and also I was raised from the dead with Him. Meaning I am now a new person, a righteous person who isn't a slave to sin anymore. I am not a slave to sin, but a slave to righteousness.
Having been set apart from sin, I now can enjoy the Godly rewards on Earth and ultimately the end reward, which is eternal life with Christ. 

"Thank God He's called us to 'turn up' through turning to Him" -Lecrae

Give your life to God and start to live like Him. Our sins died once we gave/give our life to Christ. Sin will no longer have control over us. 

'Sin will have no power over you, because you aren't under Law but under grace.' 
Romans 6:14


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?