The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time







The Lord God called to the man and said to him, "Where are you?" The man replied, "I heard your sound in the garden; I was afraid because I was naked, and I hid myself." He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat from the tree, which I commanded you not to eat?" The man said, "The woman you gave me, she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate." The Lord God said to the woman, "What have you done?!" And the woman said, "The snake tricked me, and I ate." Genesis 3:9-13


There is no greater temptations then being in the presence of sin. God had told Adam and Eve to stay away and not to eat from this specfic tree, yet they surrounded themselves near it. By putting themselves near to the tree, a serpent came forth and and did his dirty work. The devil disguised himself as a snake to talk to Adam and Eve and try to persuade them to eat of the tree. Which unfortunately worked. 
That action right there changed humanity forever. 

However, what I want to talk about is putting ourselves in positions that will lead us to stumble. If we struggle with a sin, yet we surround ourselves with people who practice that sin, we aren't helping ourselves. If a Christians struggles with alcohol and goes to a bar, it's more than likely they will start to drink. If a Christian struggles with sex and lays in a bed with the opposite sex, it's more than likely they will act in that sin. As simple, silly and obvious that that sounds, people do struggle with being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 
Why even go somewhere where you have past sinned? 
If you find yourself starting to fall into temptation the easiest thing to do to stop yourself is to simply get up and walk away. Just as if some one is yelling at you and you can no longer take it, you get up and walk away. Well sin is yelling at you, telling you that this one time won't hurt; we need to just walk away. Don't put yourselves in a situation you know can only lead to sin. 

May God Bless You Always!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?