Don't Expect to Receive If You Can't Give First.




Last night while laying in bed, I was praying and I had to stop myself. I felt God speaking to me. I heard Him saying, 'How can you expect to receive if you aren't giving Me your all?' It was like I stepped out of that prayer and just pondered for a little. Reflecting back on where I was a couple months ago and where I am now, I see how I am not giving God my all. I use to read everyday and do my daily devo's and that just stopped. Coming up with excuses is getting old and in the end it won't matter. I received a text this morning that made me realize that I need to start focusing more on my relationship with God rather than praying for my wants in life. 
That text read, 'If you do not commit your life to Christ, ultimately you will look back on your life and realize that you wasted it. But don't wait until the end of your life to figure that out. Figure it out now. We are blessed!'
I love these daily text I receive because it gives me so much insight and so much encouragement. I just hope that in return of me receiving, I can give to all of you that read this.

Are you waiting to receive something from The Lord? Do you find yourself praying a continuous prayer and not seeming to be hearing back from God? Maybe like me, it's because we aren't giving anything first. We need to start giving to be able to receive an outcome. It likes waiting for that payday, yet we don't work hard for that money. It's never going to come. 
Start working hard on your relationship with God and maybe then He will start showing you what you want in your life. The more you give The Lord, the more you will see His glory. And once you do receive and your prayer is answer, don't stop there. Keep that strong growing relationship going with God and He will continue to bless you forever. 


'Give, and it will be given to you. A good portion—packed down, firmly shaken, and overflowing—will fall into your lap. The portion you give will determine the portion you receive in return.' Luke 6:38

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?