"Please Don't Fight These Hands That Are Holding You"

'Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching 
As if I'm not enough'
-By Your Side
Tenth Avenue North 



Every time this song comes on, my heart always drops at those couple of lines. How powerful are those words? They are so strong and meaningful. Well at least they are to me. 
Today I started to ponder on the thought of my love for Christ. I found myself saying, 'This can't be all?' I need to feel more. This isn't the feeling all Christians have, I'm not quite there yet. And I know I'm not. I know what I need to do to be there. I struggle with trying to find love in a man. A man I can see and touch right in front of me. What I fail to realize is that I have some one who loves me so much that they gave everything for me. 'But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.' Romans 5:8 It's not that I don't understand that Christ did this for us, it's just hard for me to grasp Him. 
Maybe focusing on Him will help. I know it will help. How can you love some one you don't give your all to? I know once I have that ultimate relationship with Christ I won't long for a love on this earth. I'm not saying we don't need love on earth but we need to love God more than anyone or anything in our lives. He needs to be our top priority, over our friends, our family, our spouse and even our children. 

Focusing on God more will bring us closer to him. We need to get to know His word more and we will start to feel that love we have for Him. 
'And to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with al the fullness of God.' Ephesians 3:19 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?