Today COULD Of Been Great.




This morning I stopped to get gas. Something every one does! Fill up your vehicle and go about your way. But this morning was different. I pulled up to the pump, shut my truck off and asked the attendant to fill it up. I sat back, looked down at my phone and when I looked up I saw something that changed my whole day. Something that changed my whole attitude. At first I just saw a man, speed walking, with a coffe in his hand, enjoying the beautiful spring like day God has given us today. As he started walking past I noticed something that really hurt my heart. I saw this man walking along the road with no shoes on his feet. He was barefoot. (I can't even type this without tearing up a little) This man was walking; where I don't know but he seemed determined to get there. Did he even have a place to go? Or was he walking in hopes some one would stop and notice him. Well, Sir, I noticed you. I noticed you needed help and were hoping for a better day. 


Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who turn a blind eye will be greatly cursed. (Proverbs 28:27)

What is killing me ever since I saw this man was that I heard God telling me to do something. That's rare. I've never been in that situation where God has placed me somewhere to actually do something. I heard God saying 'Give him what he needs.' I looked down to my wallet and of course like I always do, I don't have any cash on me. 
The gas station I was at was litteraly right down the street from my house. The pump clicked and I was all filled up. God was speaking louder and louder and I heard Him clear as this day was. I grabbed my card back from the gas attendant and started my truck. I still see this man walking in the side window. I pull away from the gas station and head in the direction he was walking. I'm heading to work, already running late, there's no time to waste. I have to go. As I passed him I couldn't even look toward him. I heard God telling me to just run back home get some shoes, socks, a bottle of water and some money. But instead I drove right by him. God started to speak louder and said 'Turn around!' 
I didn't listen. I felt horrible. It was something so simple to do but I didn't listen. 
As I drove farther away I felt more guilt. I could of turned his whole day around! I could of shown him the love of God. God gave me an opportunity to share His word and I didn't. As I got closer to work I prayer for forgiveness and for a second chance at that experience. I felt like I sinned so badly by not listening to God. 

In everything I have shown you that, by working hard, we must help the weak. In this way we remember the Lord Jesus’ words: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’" (Acts 20:35)

I want to have a second chance at that. I would go back and do the right thing. 
If you have the opportunity like this, take it! Don't let it pass. I'm sure that it will make you feel great just as much as it will make that person feel well.
That would of been a great story to share. But I let it pass me by. 

Just like the post I wrote last night, God is working so much in my life. I'm seeing Him so much clearer, so why not give to others. Even if I didn't finally realize this, I should still give to others. That's where my greatest feeling of satisfaction comes from, giving to others and seeing that I can make them happy. 

So what was so different today? I'm not sure. 

Listen and obey God. Always. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?