Live A Humble Life That Pleases God Not Man


I know the through the journey I have been through and am still going through, there was a moment where I saw God work a great miracle in my life and that's when I realized I really needed to follow Him. When I was all alone and didn't think I would be able to do this on my own, God made Himself so much more real to me. 

'...and a great crowd of people followed Him because they saw the signs He had performed by healing the sick.' John 6:2

It actually took the people witnessing with their own eyes the miracles that Jesus was performing to be able to truly walk and follow Christ. It wasn't enough to just hear what was taking place; they needed to see it themselves. In the same sense, we might hear how God is working in some one's life, but having it happen to you is a completely different feeling. 
Going to church since I was a kid, I heard so many stories of how God was performing miracles in people's lives. It was awesome to here. I loved the stories about how some one needed a certain thing, maybe a job or a family member to be healed and just with prayer of so many people, exactly what they needed was provided to them, from God. It was amazing to hear the testimonies. It was so much different though when these miracles started to happen in my life. Oh, how much more real God became to me!
I finally started to realize that it isn't about wanting something, praying for it and receiving it. It's more about praying that God provides us with what He knows we need. With God, it's not about wanting and receiving. 





I can list a bunch of things that I wanted God to give to me and I can guarantee it would outweigh the list of the things God knew I needed but wasn't praying for. 
I prayed for a stronger relationship and understanding of the Word. When eventually I figured out I needed to start praying that God will help me use the understanding and relationship I have with Him now. I prayed hard for God to bring a man into my life, when instead I should of been praying that God would build me up to be a women of Christ so that one day I can be the Godly wife God knows I will be. I would pray for relationships to work out in my life, when I should of been praying that God heals the hearts of myself and others.
I'm not saying there is a wrong and right way to pray, but these are little adjustments that I made to my prayer life that have really changed MY life. 


In our prayer life we need to make sure everything we are praying for has to do with God's purpose for us. Any worldly thing shouldn't be apart of our worries. 




' Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make Him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by Himself' John 6:15



What I love about this verse is that Jesus knew instantly what was happening and immediately withdrew Himself from the problem. 

Why can't it be that easy for us? Probably because we aren't perfect but we can make a change. When we see achievement or success coming our way, we might start to build a big ego and feel like we are satisfying the world. When, in all honestly we should only be focusing on what satisfies and pleases The Lord. If the praise and acknowledgement we are receiving doesn't go hand and hand with Christ, we shouldn't receive it at all. 
Jesus knew that by them making Him king on Earth, that would side-track Him from His real purpose here on Earth. Which was to glorify The Kingdom of God.


Let's take our focus away from the world. Let's focus on what God wants us to become and start achieving that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?