Loving Like God




Today, overall, was just such a good day. Despite the way I was feeling, God just gave us all a great day; as He always does. The sermon given today was awesome! I love that God always knows what you need to hear and works through the message to get right to you. This message that was given today, I felt was speaking directly to me. 
Our youth pastor gave a sermon based off of John 3; which is awesome since I am working my way through John. He focused on verses 1-21.
What stood out most to me is how we need to love others just as God loved us. We all know the famous verse of John 3:16. But do we really understand that verse all together?
'For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.' John 3:16
Just understanding that God loved the world, the people, every last one, enough to give His only Son for us. How are we treating others? It comes easy to be friendly and surround ourselves with people who we have some things in common with, but how easy is it to act the same way to a stranger who just starts to talk to us? Being Christians, we need to always display the love of God to others. Not just to the people we like. Isn't it our duty to show God's love and spread His word, to everyone? That person we just walk right pass,  with our head down is the same person that God sent His Son for. The same person that He loves wholeheartedly. So who are we to just act like they're not even a person. 
When I heard this, it helped me to realize, even though I am really shy at times, I need to make a better effort as to making people feel the love of God. Help them be reminded that God loves them, as well as everyone else in this world. I guess it's human nature to like people who we get along with and just don't bother with others that mistreat us. In every circumstance we need to love others just as Christ loves us. 

John 3:21 says: 'But who ever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.'
If we have that light of God in our life, it is up to us only to show it to others. We accepted what God has provided us with and we need to use it. Every person we come into contact with should feel the love of God from our actions and words we use toward them.
This helps me to realize that what I am doing on here, by blogging and sharing the word of God is all good. It's my way of witnessing, but I need to start showing that a little more in person. Do people see the love of God when I'm face to face with them? That's something I know I need to focus on more. 

'And now, dear children, continue in Him, so that when He appears we may be confident and unashamed before Him at His coming. If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of Him.' 1 John 2:28, 29
 The message ended on this verse. I have read through 1 John and I never realized how powerful these last two verses of that chapter were until it was pointed out today. We need to go through life showing the love of God and staying with God so that when the day comes, we have nothing to worry about. We need to make sure our life is fully surrounded by Christ and nothing else. Our relationship with God never stops growing, there is always something new to learn. 

God loved us so much that He gave us the one thing He had, to all of the people He loved, even if some of them didn't love Him back. That's why God loved us first. We all need to make the next obvious step and start to love Him back. He has given us so much, it should be impossible not to love Him. Our life should be fully surrender to Christ. Give your life over to Him. Stop carrying all the unnecessary weight and give it over to The One who loves you the most. 




I was introduced to a song, which is older but brand new to me. It's called The Arms of My Savior.

When I'm all alone and the weight of the world
Is more than I can bear on my own
When all my plans have failed and I've suffered defeat
I'm down on my knees, I can't get to my feet

Your love breaks through
And reminds me of the hope that I have in You
That I have in You

It is such an amazing song. A song that can help anyone going through a tough time in life. When the world just comes crashing down on you, you know that Christ is always there for you. 

There's no other place that I'd rather be
Than safe in the arms, the arms of my Savior

 
The Arms of My Savior 
Lincoln Brewster

It's such a powerful song and I recommend you to just listen to it. If you're going through trials right now or not, it is very encouraging. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?