Who Do You Want Me To Be?



Today's sermon was really tough! I feel like it wasn't the actual teaching of the bible that was difficult, but what he talked about after. We read from John 3 again, the end of the chapter. He focused on preaching about becoming who we are meant to be. It's so easy to continue to do what we are use to but when it comes to doing what we should be doing, it's not so easy anymore. With everything that we do in life, we need to make God our purpose. No matter if we are at work, school or at home, whatever we do we have to be doing it for God. Of course, I understand this but it's more than just understanding it. It's about actually doing it. 
'He must become greater, I must become less.' John 3:30
It really hit me hard when he started to talk about doing what we are suppose to be doing. What God made us to do. I know I am now a mom; that's what I need to be doing right now. But what else. I have nothing in me that is pushing me to work or do anything other than being a mother right now. I feel like maybe I need to get out of that comfort of just doing this mom business. God has a plan for my life. I need to be doing something more to serve Him. Life is so comfortable right now for me. Maybe I need to start to move out of that comfort zone and start doing things God wants me to do. 
I need to start learning by praying more and asking God what is it that He wants me to be doing. I no longer want to be in control of the decisions I make it life. I want to be able to hear God telling me which way to go. Although I have been doing really good at letting God have control, I don't think I reached the point in life where I'm letting Him direct my life, fully. It's hard to sit back and understand what God wants the next move to be. I feel like we aren't going to get anywhere if we don't act. We need to act, but we need God to let us know what to do first. 

Lately, I've been super confused about a certain situation and I have found myself asking, what do I need to do or do I just sit back and wait? I don't want to just sit back and miss out on an opportunity, so I act. But I don't think that's the way God is directing me. 
Being in prayer more needs to be a priority for me. Going to prayer first about every decision I am going to be making. Pray before I speak and act. What do I need to be doing?

Stop being so comfortable with life. Start allowing God to control your steps, even if it's new. That's the point! God has control and He isn't going to put you somewhere you're not meant to be.



As soon as I left the church, this song came on. 
Isn't is awesome how God works. It was clearly Him saying, 'Trust Me more.' He has everything under control.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?