Be The Reason Someone Smiles Today



Today was a great opportunity to practice this life lesson; making others happy. It's so easy to make the people you love and have a really good relationship with happy! But when you are finally at that point in life that you just want to make everyone happy, that's when your true happiness takes place in your life. 
I will always say I never thought things would of turned out the way they are turning out for my little family and extended family. I always saw myself, since I had Kye, as a single mother doing this all by myself and being miserable about the situation I was in. It's crazy how different this really is turning out to be. I can easily go over to Kye's father's place to just hang out with his fiance and new baby just like we are all friends. It feels like I just have another group of friends to hang out with. Some times it feels super awkward because that is my ex and my son's father but something happened these past couple of months that have really changed my heart and my son's father's heart. I'm so happy God was working in me and helped me to just taking understanding to this situation and became open and loving. 
I love their son like he is my own and I have the best relationship with Rachael. It's slowly coming back together where my son's father and I can be able to just sit down and have a normal conversation and not feel any tension between us. Everything is just so good!

Today was Kye's father's birthday and over the past couple of weeks Rachael and I have been working on something special to give to him. This was the first time I think I have acknowledged his birthday since I had Kye. I was so angry at him and didn't want to see him happy at all. Now that God is the main source in my life, He has opened my eyes and my heart to just see and make others happy. The look on Kye's dad's face when he saw the cards and gifts we made him was priceless. I went out of the way to buy some food and we all sat down, our two little families, and became one and just had a nice dinner. Sometimes I just look in on the picture from afar and say to myself, people probably think this is the weirdest and most confusing situation ever! And honestly it can be. But the only thing that matters to me is the smiles on everyone's face! Everyone is finally happy, even me, on how things turned out. It's such a pleasure for me to see other's happiness. It's the best feeling in the world making others happy. 
Today really showed me how great my God is. How much He is truly working in my life. I never saw myself as the person I am today. I could of never worked myself into becoming this person. With God, He led the way and He made me a much happier and open person! I am so truly blessed to have these people in my life, positively this time around. It couldn't of worked out any better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?