'When You Feel Discouraged'




Discouragement can be handled in one of two ways, good or bad. It can lead to bitterness and resentment or we can respond wisely and learn what lesson God is trying to teach us. Disappointment can lead to us blaming God. When I get disappointed I find that I run back to God for answers and comfort. Some might feel like God isn't listening and want to just give up on Him altogether.

In Psalm 23 David looked to The Lord when he needed encouragement.
When he felt let down, he didn't ask 'what am I doing to do?' Instead he just turned to The Lord. When I feel let down I always ask myself and God that same question. I wish I could hear God clearly and understand what I might be doing wrong and what I need to be doing. That all ties together with putting all of our trust in God. Believing that He has a reason for this situation. 
When we are going through trials, as long as our hearts are in tune with The Lord's we will have peace. ('He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters' v.2)
We may not be able to understand why God allows us to go through trials but we need to always keep our faith. We shouldn't only turn back to God when times get hard. In verse 4, it talks about that life doesn't only consist of the highest experiences but also the rough ones. That is also when we need to keep by God's side and understand He will guide us. 
The devil will tell us it's not worth it the wait, it'll never happen or you're not worth it. That's only the enemy pulling you away from God. As long as we have faith, we can resist that temptation of listening to the negativity. Through every suffering there is a lesson. God allows suffering so that we will lean on Him and understand He is the only way out. When going through disppointment ask God to make Himself clear. I can hear Him when He is demanding me to do something like read The Word, reach out to a certain person or back away from a tempting situation. But when I need guidance with what step to take next in a tough situation, it's hard to hear Him. I find myself in prayer just begging and pleading that The Lord will open up my ears and my heart so I can hear Him clearly. 
Jeremiah 33:3 'Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and might things, which you do not know.'

Psalm 23:6 'Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.'

Confess that God will fulfill His promise. He will, as long as we believe that He can. 'The Father listens when you pray to Him, and He will come to your aid, just as He did for David.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?