My 100th Post- Two Months Later

It has been such a while since I wrote a post and a lot has happened within those past two months. My life has been changing so much for the better and then not so much. But it is all a work in progress and God has brought me where I am today so that I can become a stronger person in the future. I am about two months into this new job, working from home a couple hours a day. It's so funny because this is the kind of job I always wanted. I always wanted to be able to work at home and be with my son and not have to travel every single morning. And by God's grace I was able to land this job. I work a couple hours in the mornings before my son wakes up and I am able to have the rest of the day to do whatever needs to be done. Also I am 4 months into building a wonderful relationship God has brought me into. I'm so sure about this relationship that God brought us together and we have a lot of work to put into it but we are so willing to make it happen. My son is a crazy 2.5 year old and we are already talking about this 3rd birthday party. I can not emphasize how true it is that time really does fly!
Over the last week or so I decided that I wanted to just be simple and easy and start to read The Word from start to finish. So far I'm on a good roll and I'm praying that I can keep up and just go in a straight line. I'm slowly but surely learning how to balance my time between having time to myself when Kye is at his dad's, time with my boyfriend, time for work and time with God. I've been struggling a lot with balancing that time but I'm working hard on making that happen. 

Like any other imperfect person in this world, we all sin. We can all think of multiple times when we sin and fall so deep into sin that it just becomes our normal life and doesn't even phase us. All it takes is one little slip and before you know it you have fallen all the way to rock bottom. In Genesis 2 God warned Adam not to eat of this certain tree. All that God wants from us is to be obedient - 'If you want to walk with me, do what I say.' Life is so simple when you just follow direction and listen! I'm teaching myself this over again and at the same time I'm trying to teach my son the same thing. He makes his life so hard because he chooses not to listen sometimes. I always find myself saying to him, 'Your days would go by so smoothly if you just do what I say.' At the same time I should be taking my own advice. It's funny how our advice always turns out to be the best advice we should listen to. 
Once Adam and Eve finally ate of the fruit that is when sin came into existence and totally seperation started. 'Once those cravings conceive, they give birth to sin; and when sin grows up, it gives birth to death' (James 1:15). Sin only leads to death but thanks be to God that He sent His son so that we all can be save.  'For the wages of sin is death; but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord' (Rom. 6:23). 'It is only through the Father that we can be saved and gain life' (Rom. 5:5). The death of Christ gave us life - but God gives us that free will to choose life or death. Through His death, we were forgiven. 
Charles Stanley says, 'Satan begins his temptation by questioning God's commands and suggesting that obedience is not really necessary. Don't fall for his trap! We do ourselves great harm when we believe that we will find greater blessing in doing our own thing than in obeying God. Obedience is necessary and always results in blessings.' 
Every time I get tempted that is exactly what I hear. I hear myself questioning and telling myself; but God will forgive me. He understands I'm not perfect. I'll only do it this one time. If we only rebuke those thoughts and feelings and stick to what we know, we will receive those blessings God has and wants for us. It's so easy to fall into temptation but it's the greatest feeling when we know we can hold back and do what is right. When we fall into those sins, we start to hide ourselves from God. Why? Because we are ashamed. We feel like we don't deserve to know God anymore. We feel like we let Him down. God is a always willing to give those second chances and there is never a time when God pulls away from us. It is always us who fall away from God. We start to ignore the voice of God. A voice that we once knew so well, we start to ignore until we can't distinguish it anymore. Sin creates an emotional distance and destroys that close relationship we once had with Him. 
When we obey God, that is when we love to hear His voice. Yet, when we sin we turn away and hide because we know we aren't worthy to even know Him. 
So no matter how far deep into sin we might be, we need to always know that we can make our way back to God. God hasn't moved one inch, so it is all on us to make that first step and get right back on track. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?