Why Can't We Just Do The Things We Are Being Asked To Do?




I think it was up to just now that I realized what I have been doing wrong all this time. I have been telling my self over and over again that I need to fall back into my old routine. I kept talking about changing certain things I do and how I spend my time. I would dwell on reminding my self I need to sit down tonight and take a break. All I was doing was saying things, I wasn't putting them into action.

I can remember always hearing my dad saying the phrase 'you need to stop talking about it and just start doing it.' It's so true. We can talk and talk about things that we want to change, but it's not until we just start to do these things, then we see the change we want. It's really as simple as that. 

Going over my bible study, I came across Luke 6:46 'But why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say?' I claim to have this wonderfully powerful God but I fall short in doing the things that He is asking of me. Why? Because when I hear Him, I try to come up with a plan.. I get a good idea.. and I start to tell myself, tomorrow is going to be different. Then tomorrow comes and it's the same routine again. It took up to just right now, me sitting here, to finally realize that I can't keep going on telling myself, 'This is ridiculous. This time you really need to change.' And it's not just about my faith, but my fiances and relationship and how I parent. It's everything in life. I need to stop talking about it and just start doing it. 

I need less talking and more listening. God's voice is becoming more clear once again. My listening skills are the ones still missing. I have to get those back! When I hear God, I should be able to just hear Him and stop what I'm doing and do exactly what He is telling me to do. 

Continuing in this passage going on to verses 47-49, it explains what happens when we do listen. We build ourselves on Christ which is a firm foundation. God will have a hold of us and nothing can break us down. That's not until we start listening and doing. If we don't listen and do what He is telling us, we are just setting ourself up for failure. We can talk until our lips fall off about how we are going to change, but that won't change us. We need to put our thoughts into action. Then God will bless us and show us who we are really meant to be. 

I feel this fire sparking back up and it's what I've missed out on for a couple months now. I can not wait until I get back there and to be able to move so much farther than where I was. That's the real excitement for me. Being on fire for God and having Him show His mercy and love that He has for me! There is nothing greater here on earth than that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?