What Does God Want Me to Learn Through These Trials?





What does God want me to learn through these trials?

Lately, I have felt so overwhelm with family life. There has been a lot going on that is causing me to feel stressed out, annoyed and just really overwhelmed. I get to the point where I just ask myself, "What is the point?"

Recently, I have been more in touch with the Holy Spirit and  I heard a direct answer from Him. It is not about me. It is not about feeling comfortable with everything in life.

This week, I was reading chapter 6 in Francis Chan's book I referenced in my last post. This chapter focuses on surrendering to the Holy Spirit. Like, fully surrendering. In a way to just drop everything and do exactly what the Spirit is calling us to do.

Francis says:
But repentance means saying, 'Sweet Jesus, You are the best thing that has ever happened to me! I want to turn from all the sin and selfishness that rules me. I want to let it go and walk with you. Only You. You are my life now. Help me to walk away from the enslaving, worthless things in life.'

That is fully surrendering. To give up everything that you once desired and fully desire God.

After reading this, I looked back on my life and ask myself, "What is it that I desire the most?" Surely, the answer was not what God would like to hear. So I am telling myself from here on out that I want to desire the things God wants for me. That is to do everything in love so that it glorifies Him.

Everything that I do will be to show God's love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?