Philippians 2:14-15

'Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may be innocent and pure as God's perfect children, who live in a world of corrupt and sinful people. You must shine among them like stars lighting up the sky.' Philippians 2:14, 15

       This is a verse I came around to and bookmarked on my Bible App back in January of last year. During that time this really stood out to me because I was in a situation where I was getting a lot of complaining as feedback from some one else. I used this verse as a, I wouldn't say example, but reference to go back to when I would feel like I had enough with people. It's also a verse I think of when I find myself complaining about simple things in life. 
       I have come to a conclusion a long time ago that complaining will get me no where! It will do nothing for my future and nothing for my past. It's a worthless gesture. 
       What do I have to complain about when I have the most perfect Father who is saving me from death? So what my day might not be going well or I don't have the right amount of friends I want. 'This too shall pass' and I have the brightest future in The Book. 

       My outlook on life is to pursue the things I need to (a career, a place to live and of course a relationship with God). Through these steps, I need to do them without arguing or complaining. 
       Also with that said, I'm going to start doing what makes me happy, no matter what judgement or rejection I get. I will take it all as a lesson learned. I will start out with going out of my comfort zone, which I have been doing recently but going a little further, with the hope that it will better my life as well as my son. 
Life is a new excitement every day. It's what we make out of it. What other people do will no longer affect my life. I will do what will positively affect my own life. 



       This is a huge change but I am sure I will come out a better and happier person. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?