Prayer

Prayer has been the most helpful resource over the past 2 years of my life. I have become so blessed to be put in certain situations even when I didn't appreciate what was going on in my life. Through cloudy and dark days, God was working on a masterpiece.

Prayer has taught me how to trust, love and understand, even if that means understanding that I don't need to understand completely. These three aspects have pretty much been my main focus this past year.

I have started to trust God with everything! Being able to talk to some one and get answers through actions (sometimes with out words) has been a key for me. I think I needed to stop hearing words like 'Don't worry about it' 'Just leave it alone' or 'Stop trying to control what isn't in your hands'. Rather being able to see God's answers through work has helped me trust more and more. I'm seeing living proof of God's work. Experiencing a new way of parenting. Experiencing a new way of 'letting go and letting God'. Experiencing a new way of loving others! I was able to experience some of these by God placing a man in my life who is willing to teach and guide me to learn, learn, learn. As soon as I met him I knew God has placed him in front me me for a reason, even if it was just for a little while, I knew I would learn something out of this.
He taught me how to put myself more into God's word, and with that, be able to learn how to love. All three John's (first, second and third) talks about how to show God's love through who you are. Not just by hugging or telling some one you love them but how you approach people and how you use your words. I set a goal for myself to show God's love more. The first time it didn't go as wanted it to; I'm learning it's not about me, me, me. God knew the outcome but He wanted me to put myself out there in a position maybe I felt a little uncomfortable. I'm still working on showing God's love and I definitely see a difference in my life on how I act toward people and remove myself from situations that I may be tempted to show anger, jealously or annoyance. I'm starting to understand who I am more and what I am capable of becoming. 
Being able to understand why, how and when things work has taught me that I shouldn't worry about these things. God is in control of all things. We can not, or shall I say, we should not make an action with out God's control. Meaning, stop trying to make a situation's outcome be what you picture in your head. God knows the outcome, either if you make it happen or put it in God's hand. I have learned probably 85% of the time I try and control the situation it ends up bad, for me of course! But when I let God take complete control, 100% of the time the outcome is good, for everyone, even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment. You can't expect every outcome to leave you ecstatic as soon as it happens! Everything takes time, whether it takes a day or two, or a year! When we let God become our permanent pilot, He will get us to our Destination; within His timing. 

Learning is not just a one time thing, it's something we have to work on every single day. Remember, 'You learn something new everyday'? Well I believe that is as true as true comes because we go through different situations every day and we need to pray, ask God to be in control, and do what He wants and ask of us. And I promise you won't be left disappointed.  



However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?