Always Getting The Short End of The Stick?





There's been a lot on my mind lately, but one thing in specific. I feel like I try so hard to be the best I can be. I work my butt of for my son. I try so hard to keep up with my reading and listening to messages. I've been keeping away from sin the best that I can, yet, I feel like I'm being some how forgotten? And by who? By God. That's the worse part. Why would I ever think that God has forgotten about me? Maybe because I do all those things yet I'm in the worse financial state a single mother can be in, I have no close friends, I can't even picture how I will meet my future husband and I feel so very lonely, a lot. And on top of that, with all this 'negativity' happening in my life, I see the people who only care about themselves, don't have a relationship with God, make the worse life decisions and again only think of themselves, they get everything and more that they can ever want. 

Forgive me God for saying this but I can imagine a lot of people can relate, but doesn't that make you feel like giving up on the whole 'faith' thing? I'm speaking hypothetically. What if you give up your faith in God? Start living life the way you want to again. Going back to all you old sins and your old ways. You would probably get everything you want in life back, right? The answer to that is shockingly, yeah, probably. But get this! 
You can live your life one of two ways. 

1. Do whatever you want to do. 
Living this way will most likely get you everything you want on Earth. The fancy cars, the women/men that you want, the money, all the materialistic things. That would probably make you happy... for a little while. But what is the outcome of that lifestyle? You get everything you want on earth, but when you die and face that judgment, will you get what you want? The answer to that: no. 

2. Do whatever God tells you to do. 
If we live our lives the way God wants us to, we might not get everything we want on this Earth. Surely we will have enough to survive. We might not be able to have all the materialistic things, the fantasy job, the fancy car or the woman/man that you want. But when we die, we will receive the greatest thing of all. Eternal life. 

When I thought about this topic, I immediately thought of Job ! A very Godly man who always worshipped and praised God and then the unthinkable happened, this whole family had been killed. Job was a man who always 'did good' but in the end got the short end of the stick

It is our decision on how to deal with these situations. Earlier I was talking to a lady about how I was feeling lately about working so hard and never seeming to get anything in return. Not yet at least. However, we will get that reward. Even if it's after we die. We need to choose how we will react. 

Job's reaction after finding out his family had been killed was extraordinary! He praised and worshipped God, still! Through everything he had been through, he choose to continue to praise God. Never did he blame God or curse Him or say why have you forgotten about me. In the end Job got a lot back. Even though he had to suffer first. He did get rewarded. 


So which way will you live your life, 1 or 2? It would be so much easier to live way 1, right? But it's so much more rewarding to live the other way. I choose to live for God. He is always by my side and just a whisper away. He's the greatest friend there is and the best lover, Father and friend. You can't find that anywhere else. You can't find some one who will always love you, bless you and give you eternal life. Only place you will find that is through God. 
Put your hope and trust in God and He will see you through all your trials and tribulations. I've seen God's incredible work. Just when it seems like things can't possibly get better, He will turn everything around and He will see you through. 

God will never forget about you, especially not when you are suffering. He is always there. Talk to Him and He will reassure you. 

May God bless you, always. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Prayer

The 'Traditional Family'

Who Are We?